Cadet Week 2020 Cancelled


The Board has taken the difficult decision, in conjunction with the Cadet Week Committee, to cancel Cadet week for 2020 due to the COVID-19 crisis.

Cadet Week would have run Monday 27th July to Friday 31st July 2020

We would like to thank the Cadet week team of Dave Clarke, Jemma Clarke and
Dan Bard for all their hard work and planning to date. We are pleased to announce
that they will be continuing in their role for 2021.


Saturday 25th July to Sunday 2ndAugust (Week 1)
Sunday 2nd August to Sunday 9th August (Week 2)

  • The Board is continuing to review camping fortnight and whether it can go ahead, in any format.
  • We must follow government guidelines, mitigate the risk of transmission of the virus and keep members safe.
  •  Members who have booked a pitch for camping fortnight should have already received an email from the camping manager, Gary Jackson, check your junk mail if you haven’t come across your email, and that the club has your current email address.

The email asks – that following the cancellation of cadet week, should they no longer wish to camp this year:-

  1. If they wish to request a refund of their pitch fee for camping 2020. 
  2. If not, do they wish to carry forward their pitch and pitch fee to 2021.
  • This information will then be shared with the Board.
  • We do understand that members are keen to know the decision, in order that they can potentially book commercial campsites in the UK for those specific weeks if camping fortnight does not go ahead.
  • Members will be informed of the Board’s decision about camping fortnight by 4th July 2020.




About Author

Pat is Marconi Sailing Clubs, Rear Commodore (Sailing) he might occasionally be seen driving a power boat :-) Or falling off the front end of an RS800.........

Leave A Reply