Members of Marconi Sailing Club own a range of boats, everything from Optimists to Tornado Catamarans to 40ft Yachts.
For the purpose of racing we split the boats into various fleets at Marconi Sailing Club for race starts and results during normal racing series.
- Solo fleet – a separate start and results for our Solo sailors
- Handicap fleet – a range of dinghies sailed by adults
- Medium Catamarans – mainly Sprint 15’s, Dart 18’s and other similar speed boats
- Fast Catamarans – basically anything faster than a Spitfire
- Cadets – our cadets get their own race starts and results with shorter more manageable courses
Members who are not keen on racing take part in Dinghy and Cruiser cruises around the Blackwater Estuary and further afield. Some of our cruiser members also take part in racing series with other local clubs.