COVID-19 Update from MSC Board
CLUB NOW CLOSED – Please do not visit Marconi Sailing Club, stay at home.
The measures we are taking, with effect from Saturday 21st March 2020 are as follows:
All Organised Club sailing activity is curtailed until 30th April.
The Board will be reviewing all club activity in mid to late April and then on a regular basis dependent on government/RYA advice and members will be kept informed.
To clarify; curtailed organised club sailing activity includes:
- Launching club boats, moorings and race marks
- Inspecting and laying moorings. (4/5 & 10-13.04.2020)
- Cruiser Launching (to be reviewed 30.04.2020)
- Sail Training & Oppi Club (postponed until 16.05.2020 at least)
- The Keelboat Academy (to be reviewed 30.04.2020)
- Dinghy/Catamaran Racing (Spring series/Easter Egg Pursuit Races/Challenge Cup)
Please note that the M2M Gig & Board Race and ECPR, both events in June, will also be reviewed by 30.04.2020.
MSC Events that have unfortunately had to be cancelled:
- Cruiser Fitting Out Supper (18.04.2020)
- RYA Training Centre courses at MSC (April)
- Lark Open Meeting (weekend of 09.05.2020)
- MSC Camping (07.05.2020 to 10.05.2020)
(camping days to be rescheduled to later in the season if possible)
- Social Events – 08.05.2020 & 09.05.2020
- (will be rescheduled to later in the season if possible)
- MSC ‘Discover Sailing’ Open Day – 23.05.2020
The Club and site will remain open for casual leisure sailing and working on boats but:
- The clubhouse lounge, bar, function suite, race box and race reception will be closed for use, EXCEPT for the toilets and changing rooms. This is to allow for a more rigorous cleaning regime to take place in a smaller area of the club and to enable members to follow government guidelines on social distancing
- The galley will remain closed and members will now need to bring flasks of hot drinks with them as the clubhouse lounge, crockery, kettles etc will no longer be available.
Members choosing to leisure sail, windsurf and row do so at their own risk and need to be self-sufficient. Please take note of the weather conditions before going on the water as there will be no support boat cover and no OODs on site.
Members attending Marconi SC in this period should observe NHS and Government guidelines.
To date this has been a fast-moving situation and we should expect it to continue to change rapidly. We will continue to follow Government and RYA guidance and may need to change our approach as set out above if this guidance changes.
We also understand that this is going to affect everyone’s season at Marconi SC but we are a thriving and successful Club; the extent of this crisis is unprecedented in our history but with your support and understanding we will get through it and continue to thrive.
Bryan Spencer – Commodore
On behalf of the Board of Directors – Marconi Sailing Club Ltd
19th March 2020