The 2017 East Coast Piers Race sponsored by Zhik is nearly upon us. Just over 2 weeks until this years event which is the 30th year the event has been run. We will be welcoming competitors from Friday 30th June, racing will be on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd July.
For years Marconi Sailing Club have entertained top catamaran sailors from across the World. Recently the event has been opened up to fast dinghy sailors too, providing you have a PY of 980 or faster you’ll be accepted to come and race with us for a weekend of fun.
Here are 10 reasons to come and join us for this years event:
- FREE camping onsite from Friday through to Monday
- Inshore racing on Saturday starting from 1pm, briefing around midday
- Three race options (see courses) for Sunday (you can choose on the day)
- Full ECPR (48 miles and catamarans only)
- Colne Point (27 miles and open to dinghies and catamarans)
- Bradwell Race (13 miles and open to dinghies)
- We have GPS tracking being provided by Sail Racer and sponsored by GJW Direct
- We have the biggest collection of trophies including loads of goodies from Zhik
- Mother boats (yachts) at every mile of the course to help you if needed (you don’t get penalised for stopping) – LOADS of ribs also along to course to support you
- Really easy to follow courses with gates to pass through
- Superb band booked for Saturday night (many of you will remember them from the Friday a couple of years ago)
- Adnams are a sponsor and are providing great beer at fantastic prices, all of the sale price goes to charity
- Saturday meal is included in your entry fee
Find out more and enter online through the East Coast Piers Race website. If you have any questions then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07793 953564.