MSC Photo Competition Online Entry Form / *NEW: Email us!*
If you are a budding photographer then let’s see what you can do! We want anything you think makes a great photo……here’s some ideas…..
Upload your iconic images via the form below or alternatively you may now email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but please ensure the subject of the email is “MSC Photo Competition Entry” & that pictures attached as jpegs are no larger than 2 mb each plus send captions with them in the body of the email so that we know what we are looking at!
NB: Emails that are too large due to numerous attachments may not get through.
Examples of winning entries over summer can be seen HERE.
Entry categories are:
- Serious sailing – racing, race box madness, open meetings, competitions, safety boat operations etc.
- People at work – (including portraits), unsung heroes involved in running the club events or site and boat maintenance eg. launching cruisers, laying moorings, OOD, race officers, galley staff, cadet organisation, management etc.
- People at play – (including portraits), eg; relaxed sailing and cruising, social events, camping, fishing, BBQ’s, walking the dog, chilling…..
- Landscape and Seascape; beautiful scenes at all times of the day and night, all seasons.
- Candid Camera! – those classic moments that make us laugh.
- Memories of Marconi – images from the archives. Dig deep and even scan old prints that show how much our great club has evolved over the years.
- Two age categories, under 16 and adult.
- A single winning entry plus commended images will be chosen from across all categories each month. (This may be subject to change depending on number of entries received). Prizes TBD.
- All entries to be in digital format, as hi res jpegs or other compressed format and emailed / uploaded (details to follow) and labelled in their appropriate categories. Please try to caption your images or send an explanatory email (address to follow).
- Up to 5 entries from any one individual in each of as many categories as they wish.
- All entries for each month to be received by the end of the first week of following month.
- Limited but not excessive digital manipulation is permitted where it reasonably enhances an image but remains true to the subject within.
- Agreement from participants that any submissions be made available externally on the club website, social media, and for promotion via press and publicity for MSC marketing purposes, (subject to prior parental agreement where children under 16 are featured in images).
- Overall annual winner and runners up will be announced at the end of the year / laying up supper.
- Judges decision is final. Our panel of judges will consist of Photographic professionals that are club members. Announcement to follow.
Winning entries will be posted on the website, social media and in the next issue of Navigans.
Good luck from the judges panel!