“Think Football Champions League – Sail British Keelboat League”
Marconi SC are running one of 6 events in 2023 that will see the winners and 2nd placed teams progress through to the British Keelboat League (BKL) Finals in late September. Those teams qualifying for the final will have a chance to win one of 4 places to represent their club and the BKL in leagues in Europe in 2024.
HOW TO ENTER
The Marconi event will use a fleets of 5 SB20 boats which will be are raced by 10 teams who rotate around the boats so that every team sails on every boat multiple times throughout the weekend.
Races last no longer than 15 – 20 mins on two lap windward leeward courses. Turn around between races is swift and as many races are sailed as can be fitted in during both days.
The race area will be supported by a hospitality boat or close to Marconi’s shoreside facilities for use whilst a team is between races.
Races are umpired and protests are immediately settled during the race.
A high points scoring system is used and league positions are immediately known.
The team with the highest average score per race wins the league.
- Provision of the boats, already launched. Just rig the sails provided and off you go to the start line
- 2 days (Sat + Sun) of exciting fleet racing on short windward leeward courses complying with the BKL format
- Friday pm sailing opportunities for boat familiarisation
- A packed lunch, delivered to the race area. Includes drink, filled roll, crisps, cake and fruit
- Saturday après race party immediately off the water including chilli / vegan chilli, jacket potato, cheese top, salad, coleslaw, sauces
- Breakfast rolls in the galley on Saturday & Sunday, order in advance
- Drinks from the bar
- Burnham – on – Crouch (10 min drive)
- Maldon (15 min drive)