If you’re looking for a sailing club to join this year then make sure you come and see us at Marconi Sailing Club on the 25th May. Marconi offers sailing, windsurfing, rowing and paddle sports in a safe and family friendly environment.
The River Blackwater offers some fantastic adventures for you, your friends, or family, no matter what age or ability they are at. Our location half way down the estuary gives us a major advantage over other sailing clubs on the River Blackwater. We have access to the water even at the lowest tides which means you won’t be capped to specific sailing times for your on the water adventures.
Open Day Details
- When: Saturday 25th May 2019
- Time: 12pm – 4pm
- What to bring: Clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting wet, change of clothes and a towel
- What can I expect: We’ll provide you with a life jacket and the kit you need to get on the water
- What activities can I take part in: Sailing (various boats), windsurfing, rowing, paddle sports, off the water fun
- What facilities do you have on site: Free parking, bar, kitchen, changing rooms and showers
- Where can I find you: Marconi Sailing Club, Stansgate Road, Steeple, Essex, CM0 7NU
It’s important to note that although we do host annual open days the club is open to new members all year round, please do pop down to the club site for a look around and a member will be able to answer your questions.
Can you help me learn?
Yes, Marconi Sailing Club is an RYA Training Centre offering formal RYA (Royal Yachting Association) courses where you’ll get a certificate at the end. Currently we offer:
- RYA Level 1 Sailing
- RYA Level 2 Sailing
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA First Aid
As well as the formal training we also have an army of volunteers who run a variety of fun and informal training activities throughout the year. This is everything from our summer Cadet week, an intensive week of learning, to our monthly sail training sessions.
The best way to learn is to grasp the basics and then get on the water to practice your skills, there are plenty of groups of members who are sailing on a regular basis and would be more than happy to help you. We also have our support boats out most weekends between March and October.
Are you offering open day deals?
Yes, we’ll have a number of deals on RYA Level 1 and RYA Level 2 courses with membership on our Open Day.
Terms and conditions apply.
Don’t own a boat?
Don’t worry, Marconi Sailing Club own a number of club boats, everything from yachts through to smaller kids sailing dinghies and kayaks. These can be used on a first come first served basis which will allow you to get on the water and find the right vessel to suit you.
- Access to the water at all states of tide
- Friendly, self help club
- Mix of water sports and sailing
- Active social calendar
- Informal and formal training
- Modern facilities
- Affordable membership fees
If you’ve got any questions then please do drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org