Marconi Sailing Club Open Day
Marconi Sailing Club is a premier sailing club based in the South East. On Saturday 26th May we will be opening our doors so anyone can experience a safe and fantastic introduction to sailing and water based activities. We are a family friendly club, and you are invited to come along and experience:
- Dinghy Sailing
- Catamaran Sailing
- Keelboat Sailing
- Yacht Sailing
- Bouncy Castle
- Arts and Crafts
- Evening BBQ & Entertainment
Information for the day
To make the most of your visit to Marconi Sailing Club, here is some useful information that’ll ensure you can get involved with water and land based activities whilst also maximising your time on the day:
What should I bring?
- Swim wear – if you choose to go out on the water, it is advisable to have swimwear as a base layer.
- Old clothes – that you don’t mind getting wet and/or muddy!
- Old pair of shoes – that you don’t mind getting wet and/or muddy!
- A towel and change of clothes – we have changing facilities and showers on site.
- Sun cream – if the sun is out, it can be deceptively strong by the water.
What kit will be provided?
- Life jackets – these are compulsory and must be worn at all times when on the water.
- Trapeze harnesses – should you want to go on faster boats we can provide you with the necessary kit to ‘get out on the wire’.
How will you be supported to get out on the water?
All guests will be given a tour of the club. Should you want to get out on the water you’ll be given a series of options of what craft you’d like to go out on. All boats will be manned by experience club members, other vessels i.e. windsurfers, will have experienced tutors on hand so guests are well informed, supported and given the opportunity to play as much of an active role on the water as they wish.
The necessary safety equipment will be provided to all guests, and safety boats will be on hand throughout the duration of the day to ensure everyone has fun and is safe on the water.
What facilities will be available on-site during the day?
- Food & drink – we have an on-site cafe where you can purchase lunch, snacks and soft drinks.
- Bar – we have an on-site bar where you can buy drinks of a stronger nature!
- Toilets, changing facilities and showers
- Land based entertainment – provided for smaller guests, including a bouncy castle and craft tent
- On-site, free parking
The full address is:
Marconi Sailing Club
The club is based at the end of country lane – approximately 2 miles in length. At the end of the lane you will be greeted and directed by club members.