Marconi Sailing Club Open Day
When: Saturday 25th May, 12-4pm
Where: Marconi Sailing Club, Stansgate Road, Steeple, Essex, CM0 7NU
Come & join us for a sail at Marconi Sailing Club on the glorious River Blackwater in Essex for our 2019 OPEN DAY!
- FREE EVENT! NO NEED TO BOOK. SIMPLY SHOW UP
- SAFE INTRODUCTION TO SAILING 12 to 4pm. No experience necessary
- WE ARE AN APPROVED RYA TRAINING CENTRE & BRITISH YOUTH RECOGNISED CLUB
- EQUIPMENT & KIT PROVIDED ON THE DAY
- DINGHIES, CATAMARANS, WINDSURFERS & YACHTS / CRUISERS PLUS ROWING GIG!
- WE SAIL AT ALL TIMES OF THE TIDE – we always have water
- EXPERIENCED & NOVICE SAILORS, YOUNG OR OLD, ALL ARE WELCOME
- YOUNG & OLD – all age groups
- FAMILY FUN – children’s activities including arts ‘n’ crafts tent and a bouncy castle
- GALLEY WITH YUMMY GRUB, EVENING BBQ & ENTERTAINMENT
- PLENTY OF FREE PARKING.
Information for the day:
What should I bring?
- Swimwear – if you choose to go out on the water, it is advisable to have swimwear as a base layer or even a wetsuit
- Warm clothing and preferably a shower/wind proof top
- Old clothes and footwear – that you don’t mind getting wet and/or muddy!
- A towel and change of clothes – changing facilities and showers are available
- Sun cream – if the sun is out, it’s deceptively strong on the water
What kit will be provided?
- Life jackets/Buoyancy aids – these are compulsory and must be worn at all times when on the water. We have all sizes available.
- Trapeze harnesses – should you want to go on faster boats we can provide you with these to ‘get out on the wire’
How will you be supported to go sailing?
Guests will be given a tour of our club. Should you want to get on the water you’ll be given a choice of what craft you’d like to try from windsurfers, dinghies and catamarans to yachts. All boats will be manned by experienced skippers, crews and sailing instructors.
Safety is always paramount. Our safety boat fleet is modern and fully equipped with crews on hand to look after you whilst on the water. First aiders are present at all times.
- Food & drink – we have a galley where you can purchase lunch, snacks, tea/coffee and soft drinks throughout the day
- Licensed Bar, where you can buy drinks of a stronger nature!
- Toilets, changing facilities and showers
- Entertainment for smaller guests, including a supervised bouncy castle and an arts and craft activity tent
- Free plentiful parking
Marconi Sailing Club
The club is at the end of a country lane approximately 2 miles from the main road. At the entrance you will be greeted and directed by club members.
Come and discover why Marconi Sailing Club is one of the sporting treasures of Essex with a warm welcome from members, superb facilities and a gorgeous location overlooking the estuary and Osea Island.
For further information or questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org