At Marconi Sailing Club we’re extremely proud of what we’ve built together as a membership.
Marconi is a self-help club and provides a family friendly, fun and safe environment with different pathways for you to explore the River Blackwater and build your skills whether you want to sail, row, windsurf or just relax in our beautiful location.
The club is based on the River Blackwater in Essex, half way down the estuary opposite Osea Island.
Why not pop down to the club over a weekend and see us in action? Once of our friendly members will be able to show you around and talk to you about the club.
What makes us different?
- The tides and level of water allow us to access the water all the time
- Informal and formal training options
- Huge grassy site and slip way
- Modern facilities
- Self help ethos, all members chip in to keep the club running
- We offer sailing, windsurfing, rowing and paddle sports
- Huge range of boats sailed, everything from Optimists, catamarans and 40ft yachts
- Active family emphasis
- Extensive range of club boats and kayaks available for members to use
Marconi RYA Training Centre
If you’re looking to build your confidence and skills on the water then we offer a number of RYA courses to our members.
It’s important to note that these courses are only available to members but our membership rates are very competitive.
- Level 1 & 2 Dinghy Sailing
- Powerboat Training
- First Aid courses
Informal training from our member volunteers
The quickest way to learn and get better is to get involved and get yourself out on the water. We have many members at different levels of confidence and skills. We cater for everyone, no matter what age you are at.
- Monthly sail training days
- Cadet Week – an intensive sailing week in the summer
In both of these activities you’ll be put into a group with other people similar to you.
Every weekend we also have members out sailing and racing who are willing to help you, we also have our support boats out on Sundays so they can keep an eye on you.
On the Water Activities
- Sunday Dinghy and Catamaran racing throughout the season
- Sunday short course racing for beginners
- Wednesday night pursuit racing from May to August
- Relaxed dinghy cruises in company
- Active Yacht racing, cruising and events
- Keelboat training; racing and league events (for experienced helms and crews)
- Active ‘Rowing Gig’ team including a rowing league and regular events – beginners welcome.
- Windsurfing for beginners
Off the Water
- Active social calendar throughout the year
- Modern training room and function suite
- Camping and Caravanning available on specific dates throughout the season.
Keeping your Involved and Updated
- Informative website
- Social media channels
- Weekly email communication to all members
Want more information about Marconi Sailing Club?
Why not get in touch, or pop down for a visit so you can see the club for yourself.
You’ll most likely find the gate locked but you can park outside and walk in to explore, head to the club house to grab a cup of tea and find a member to talk to.
You can also reach us by emailing email@example.com – our phone line is in the club house and isn’t manned so you’ll be best to drop us an email.