Stay safe and keep well.Following HM Government’s publication of
‘Our Plan to Rebuild – The UK Government’s Covid-19 Recovery Strategy’, on Monday 11th May
service.gov.uk/government/ uploads/system/uploads/ attachment_data/file/884171/ FINAL_6.6637_CO_HMG_C19_ Recovery_FINAL_110520_v2_WEB__ 1_.pdf
and a ‘Board’ meeting held in the evening of Monday 11th May 2020, we wish to update you as follows:MSC Clubhouse (including toilets) and Outbuildings
- These will remain completely closed for the time being in line with government guidelines on social distancing.
- We are currently looking at ways of opening the clubhouse/parts of the clubhouse in the future and when government guidelines allow us to do so.
Organised MSC Club Activity
- In line with social distancing guidelines there will be no Marconi Sailing Club organised activity at this present time.
- This includes mooring activity/launching cruisers etc
- We are currently looking at ways of enabling organised MSC activity in the future when government guidelines allow us to do so.
Visiting the MSC Club Site
- A member choosing to visit the club site under the government guidelines (as below) does so at their own risk:‘People may drive to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there, because this does not involve contact with people outside your household.’(page 27 – Our Plan to Rebuild’)
- Please also read the guidelines in ‘Annex A: Staying Safe outside your home’ which also states that: ‘It is your responsibility to adopt these principles wherever possible’
Please ensure that if you choose to visit the club site that you
always maintain social distancing rules to protect your own and other people’s lives.
Future organised club activity and opening of the club will be reliant on members following government guidelines, including social distancing at all times.
Communication to Members:
- The Board and a team of members are currently working on a risk assessment, resource sourcing and ways in which the club could be opened in the future when government guidelines allow us to do so.
- With those guidelines changing almost day by day we are continually reviewing these plans, alongside any guidance issued by the RYA, and will give members a weekly update on the situation at MSC.
Stay safe and keep well.