Marconi Sailing Club is holding its annual open day again on Saturday 13th May. Come along and check out our wonderful facilities and try some of our on the water activities. A perfect chance to start to learn to sail.
- RYA (Royal Yachting Association) 2017 “PUSH THE BOAT OUT”. We are an approved RYA TRAINING CENTRE / CLUB OF EXCELLENCE
- FREE EVENT! NO NEED TO BOOK. Simply show up with a smile on SATURDAY 13th MAY from midday
- SAFE INTRODUCTION TO SAILING 12 to 4pm. No experience necessary start to learn to sail!
- EQUIPMENT & KIT PROVIDED
- DINGHIES, CATAMARANS, WINDSURFERS & YACHTS / CRUISERS PLUS ROWING GIG !
- WE SAIL AT ALL TIMES OF THE TIDE – we always have water
- EXPERIENCED & NOVICE SAILORS WELCOME – YOUNG & OLD – all age groups
- FAMILY FUN – childrens’ activities including arts & crafts plus live entertainment and bar
- EVENING BBQ – food and refreshments
We are located at a beautiful rural location along the River Blackwater with comprehensive facilities including a contemporary clubhouse with modern changing rooms, galley, cosy bar, camping fields, dinghy park & boatyard, plus perhaps the largest launch hard/slipway on the estuary complemented by a floating pontoon for larger vessels. Our SAFETY BOAT FLEET is modern and fully equipped with experienced crews to look after you whilst on the water.
Where else could you see the sun set behind an island in the East of England? If you think we’re making this up, then come see for yourself and discover why Marconi Sailing Club is one of the sporting treasures of Essex with a warm welcome from members, superb facilities and a gorgeous location.
Session meeting point
You will be met at the main gate and allocated an area to park. Please head up to our club house to register and meet some of our members.
What you’ll need
Warm, waterproof clothing and suitable footwear such as old trainers that can get wet. Towels for showers in changing rooms. MSC will provide kit such as buoyancy aids etc.